The North Texas Chapter of the Texas Association of Play Therapy (NTC-TAPT) wants you to know about what is available to help support you in your important work with children. We are part of the Texas Association of Play Therapy and the Association of Play Therapy.
Membership dues is based on a calendar–year cycle from August to August. In other words, our members all renew at the same time each year, your membership year is not based on when an you joined.
- To promote training opportunities, research and development of materials which further the practice of play therapy;
- To encourage active communication among those involved in play therapy;
- To establish contacts with various organizations for support; and
- To promote sound play therapy practices in the interest of society and the individual.
- Unite and provide a common meeting ground for persons involved or interested in the therapeutic use of child’s play;
- Enhance the health, safety and well-being of children;
- Advance the discipline of play therapy; and
- Inform and educate the general public and the mental health and educational community about the play therapy profession.
- UNT: Audrey Malacara
- SMU: Sarah Vaught
LISTED ALPHABETICALLY BY LAST NAME
The Lone Star Award is given by the Texas Association for Play Therapy to local chapters exhibiting outstanding service to membership and to the promotion of play therapy and the credentialing of Registered Play Therapists. Several criteria need to be met in order to receive this award and our Chapter is proud to have received the Lone Star Award the last six years! We’re proud to announce that we’ve received the Lone Star Award again this year at the 2015 Texas Association for Play Therapy Conference in Austin!
Interested in Joining The North Texas Chapter of the Texas Association of Play Therapy ?