The North Texas Chapter of the Texas Association of Play Therapy (NTC-TAPT) wants you to know about what is available to help support you in your important work with children. We are part of the Texas Association of Play Therapy and the Association of Play Therapy.
Membership dues is based on a calendar–year cycle from August to August. In other words, our members all renew at the same time each year, your membership year is not based on when an you joined.
- To promote training opportunities, research and development of materials which further the practice of play therapy;
- To encourage active communication among those involved in play therapy;
- To establish contacts with various organizations for support; and
- To promote sound play therapy practices in the interest of society and the individual.
- Unite and provide a common meeting ground for persons involved or interested in the therapeutic use of child’s play;
- Enhance the health, safety and well-being of children;
- Advance the discipline of play therapy; and
- Inform and educate the general public and the mental health and educational community about the play therapy profession.
Dr. Misty Solt is a Licensed Professional Counselor- Supervisor in the state of Texas. Dr. Solt is also a National Certified Counselor and a Registered Play Therapy Supervisor. Dr. Solt received her Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling from Eastern Illinois University in 1998 and completed her Doctorate in Counseling with a specialty in Play Therapy at the University of North Texas in 2003. For over 13 years, Dr. Solt has worked as a counselor in the following areas: hospice, school crisis counseling, in-home counseling, agency counseling, private practice, and general crisis counseling. Dr. Solt was the Assistant Director of the Center for Play Therapy in Denton, Texas for three years and has been a Supervisor for the Intensive Play Therapy Supervision component of the Summer Institute for 9 years now. She has served as an Adjunct Professor in the Counseling Department at both Southern Methodist University and the University of North Texas. In May of 2003, Dr. Solt opened the Child and Family Counseling Center in Frisco, Texas, which provides counseling services to children, adolescents, and families, as well as supervision to LPC-interns. Dr. Solt has served on Frisco Independent School District Hope Rising Team, which is a trauma response team to assist children and teens that have experienced a trauma or loss. Dr. Solt is also on the Board of Directors for Camp C.O.P.E., which is an intensive counseling experience offered to children of a deployed or injured parent serving in the War. Dr. Solt is currently on staff at Southern Methodist University in Plano, Texas where she serves as the Clinic Director of the Center for Family Counseling and is a Lecturer. Dr. Solt has authored various articles in the area of play therapy and is the author of My Special Playtime. Dr. Solt is a mother of three and resides in Frisco, Texas.
- Tew, K., Landreth, G. L., Joiner, K. D., & Solt, M. D. (2002). Filial therapy with chronically ill children. International Journal of Play Therapy, 11(1), 79-100.
- Landreth, G. L., Solt, M. D., Joiner, K. D. (2002). Building character through play therapy. Psychologist in the Kindergarten, 10(1), 36-52.
- Landreth, G. L., Joiner, K. D., and Solt, M. D. (2003). Play Therapy Training Directory (4th Ed.). Denton, TX: Center for Play Therapy.
- Packman, J. & Solt, M. D. (2003). Filial therapy modifications for preadolescents. International Journal of Play Therapy (in press).
- Solt, M. D. & Landreth, G. L. (2003). Characteristics of play therapy students in training (in process).
- Solt, M.D. (2007). My Special Playtime! (in press)
Professional Licensure and Affilications:
- · 2001-current LPC: Licensed Professional Counselor
- · 2003-current LPC-S: Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor
- · 2003-current NCC-National Certified Counselor
- · 1999-current Association of Play Therapy
- · 2003-current RPT-S: Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor
- · 2000-current Texas Association of Play Therapy
- · 2001-current Rho Kappa Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota
- · 2000-current American Counseling Association
- UNT: Audrey Malacara
- SMU: Sarah Vaught
LISTED ALPHABETICALLY BY LAST NAME
The Lone Star Award is given by the Texas Association for Play Therapy to local chapters exhibiting outstanding service to membership and to the promotion of play therapy and the credentialing of Registered Play Therapists. Several criteria need to be met in order to receive this award and our Chapter is proud to have received the Lone Star Award the last six years! We’re proud to announce that we’ve received the Lone Star Award again this year at the 2015 Texas Association for Play Therapy Conference in Austin!
Interested in Joining The North Texas Chapter of the Texas Association of Play Therapy ?