Sat, Sep 10|
POLYVAGAL IN PLAY THERAPY-THE TEXAS WAY!
A well-known author, speaker, and play therapy trainer, Jackie Flynn comes from Florida to share her expertise on using the Polyvagal Theory in play therapy!
Time & Location
Sep 10, 2022, 9:00 AM – Sep 11, 2022, 4:00 PM
Carrollton Courtyard, 1201 Raiford Rd, Carrollton, TX 75007, USA
About the event
In this experiential workshop, participants PLAYfully learn about and explore the 3 states of the Autonomic Nervous System aligned with Dr. Stephen Porges’ Polyvagal Theory. A printable workbook is provided to strengthen the actionability of play-based applications after the workshop for in-person and/or virtual sessions. Polyvagal Theory in Play Therapy can be applied with individuals, families, groups, and classrooms on the continuum of non-directive to directive learning. Through direct instruction, role-play, visuals and demonstrations, participants in this workshop will experientially learn how to shift from state to state in the Autonomic Nervous System through PLAY in a connected and safe way through movement, nature, and sound. Since this training is located in the great state of Texas, a PLAYful “the Texas way” theme is used to experientially learn about implementation of FAMILIARITY and PREDICTABILITY in Play Therapy!
1. Explain the functions of 3 states of the Autonomic Nervous System: Ventral
Vagal, Sympathetic, and Dorsal Vagal.
2. Identify and experience 12 Play Therapy applications utilizing tenets of
Polyvagal Theory with a focus on Safety and Connection.
3. Explain how to support clients with Autonomic Nervous System state change by
playfully mapping the Autonomic Nervous System through the use of a
developmentally appropriate body scan with somatic representations and
4. List 12 ways cues of safety can be incorporated into the Play Therapy Process.
5. Describe 3 areas of safety necessary for optimal functioning.
6. Assess 3 Play Therapy case vignettes to conceptualize changes necessary to
align with the Polyvagal Theory in Play Therapy.
This workshop is 3 CE's play therapy education
Breakfast, Networking, and Board Meeting
2 hours 30 minutes
Presentation by Jackie Flynn
Member Training Ticket
+$0.63 service fee
+$0.63 service fee